– Lips: try Aquaphor Lip Repair (www.drugstore.com) for the lips. It’s super-moisturizing and can even be rubbed around noses and cuticles.
– Body: try bathing with Aveeno Active Naturals Soothing Bath Treatment (www.walgreens.com). Try this all natural oatmeal bath two times a week and really linger in relaxation to help heal your skin. Moms! What a nice treat! Pat dry with a towel.
* On-the-go: Try my favorite moisturizing bathing wash for your quick paced lifestyle: Eucerin Calming Body Wash “Daily Shower Oil” (www.soap.com). Infused with omega oils, this cleanser treats dry skin with lasting moisture and never leaves an oily residue. Fragrance and soap-free, sensitive skins will rejoice! Also, try lathering this on a loofa for dual action cleansing moisturizing and exfoliation.
– Hand/Body Lotion:
* Eucerin “Plus Intensive Repair Enriched Lotion” both relieves dry, stressed and itchy skin. You know how much I love all-in-one products, so here’s a great body lotion that helps exfoliate and nourish your skin with alpha hydroxy. The non-greasy and fragrance free formula compliments any winter regimen!
* Back to Naturals: Customize your Body Lotion to your favorite scents. At home you can create the perfect combination of 1 cup Sweet Almond oil, 1/4 cup jojoba oil with few drops of lavender and rose (to taste) to calm and protect sensitive skin. For a nice make-at-home-body-oil which smells great too and makes you feel ultra-feminine. Insider tip: stick with the concentrated PURE essential blends of these oils. Oils cut with other ingredients don’t pack the same holistic punch. (www.vitacost.com)
* Overly Parched? I love to rotate my days with a little Emu Oil. This holistic remedy not only treats dry skin and increases elasticity, it also heals it! This stuff is even reported to soothe psoriasis and eczema and scar reduction. It works! Jump out of a moderate temperature shower and apply sparingly. (www.montanaemuranch.com)
– Face Wash:
* Aveeno-“Ultra Calming Foaming Cleaner” is moisturizing and healing and a good one for roseacea/psorasis, with a natural calming agent similar to Chamomile. Lift away impurities while sustaining gorgeous hydrated skin! Love the bubbly foam. (www.drugstore.com)
* Cetaphil “Gentle Cleanser”. Dye, soap, and frangrance-free, this cleaner is for the most sensitive of skins, helping to retain moisture too! (www.drugstore.com)
– Face Moisturizer:
* Try Philosophy’s “Hope in a Jar”. If you like this, you can get it on HSN/QVC for killer prices. Purchase the original formula as this will help heal, treat and promote skin turnover (www.sephora.com). “Hope in a Jar” is free of those chemical irritating ingredients often found in our moisturizers, yet offers protectant antioxidants and exfoliating properties and preps the skin for a sustainable glow! Whipped like your favorite sweet treat, this is a luxurious staple for me.
* Korres “Wild Rose 34-Hour Moisturizing and Brightening Cream” moisturizes, brightens and contains wild rose oil (super healing and restorative) as well as vitamin C. This is a “FREE” formula! Check out the label to be wowed with the natural ingredients and smell the jar for the most soothing natural scent of rose. To die for! This is a great cream and I hope you like it as much as I do! (www.sephora.com)
KEEP ME POSTED WITH YOUR RESULTS!!
P.S. Water is an essential need for hydration both inside and out. Make sure you drink your daily requirement. Also, try a humidifier to help combat itchy skin as well as ensure sinus relief. Moisture in the air maintains healthy sinuses as well as radiant skin and hair.