DEDICATED BEAUTY QUESTION OF THE MONTH
For the truly adventurous, amazing drugstore beauty finds can be such a treasure! Find your diamond in the rough right where you’d least expect it!
I love to shop the latest in beauty products, but is it possible to find all of my essentials at my local drug store? With a new job and move, my wallet is feeling the pinch-Help! –Jennifer
I’m always up for the challenge of finding those seemingly irreplaceable items I love at my favorite store with equally mentionable if not more desireable items from right at my corner store.
* Do-it-All-Balm: Aquaphor’s Healing Ointment Skin Protectant, duo box comes with two mini tubes perfect to pack into your purse and keep one at home. Use for : cuticle treatment, lips moisturizer, gloss, on the fly (literally airborne, dry spot treatment: try this at the corners of your mouth, and along the orbital bone for added eye moisture during flight!)
* Nails: Sally Hansen’s Salon Insta-Gel Strips-Starter Kit Shelac nails done in the comfort of your home and for a fraction of the price. Make use of the multiple colors and designs they offer with a beautiful, like new finish for up to two weeks.
* Mascara: Love Dior and Givenchy? There’s a brush tip and formula similar for you. Try Maybelline “Full n’ Soft” and L’oreal’s “Voluminous Volume Building Mascara” for a dramatic feathery lash in its original and oh’ so fabulous formula.
* Lips: $1.99! luscious lip luxury from Wet and Wild’s “MegaLast Lipstick” Yes, I said it, hark back to the days, when you were dying to have the latest color on your lips and could only afford pennies, Wet n’ Wild was your answer and still can be! These shades are to die for and for a total steal! Trick: Dot some Aquafor on your lips for added hydration and a light glimmering gloss effect-use it in the center of your lip!
* SPF: SPF is most effective in broad spectrum products. Look for La Roche Posay’s Anthelios SPF for your go to skin shield that is fragrance- free, paba-free, shine-free! With antioxidants packed into it, its good for your skin too!
* Lashes: Ardell & Andrea create the most incredible lashes for a fraction of the price. Whether you’re looking for a full set or simply individuals to thicken up your lash line, these are my favorites and never cease to amaze me with their staying power! Try applying them with Duo’s “Lash Adhesive” in “Clear White”, the white actually disappears for a completely flawless application. Try: Full Set: #105. Try: Hall Set: #301.
For individual’s “medium” length lashes are usually the perfect amount of drama, ….unless that’s the look you are going for is maximum drama, then by all means go “long” ….mmmhmmmmm my dashing divas!
* Coupons:…A truly adventurous gal will not stop at searching for the ultimate savings…try resourcing the pages of your beauty mags or your favorite brands’s website for insider promotions and printable coupons! All the sudden your bag full of goodies just became that much more attractive! Gold Mine!