Spring is a time of renewal and refreshment and that is exactly what the Spring Runways offered with mid length skirts flirting with pointy tailored flats and beauty’s heavenly ethereal glow featuring cheeks flushed with the perfect pinky blush and countered definition all perfectly balanced with a sun kissed touch of bronze. After our long winter’s chilling temperatures, it is time to lift your spirit, draw light back into your face and refresh your look for a fresh take on new beginnings!
* Highlights: Can often be expensive, aggressive, repetitive, and time consuming. Welcome “Bio Lights”(www.biolightscolor.com), created by Rick Wellman, Co-Owner and Color Director of Patrick Melville Salon & Spa This fresh launch biodegradable highlighting technique, is fast, easy and natural (no aluminum & it’s Green!), helping to create a soft blended effect to your highlights and low lights so there’s less upkeep, maybe 2x/year. They simply last longer. TRANSLATION-thats time and money back in your pocket!)
* Schwarzkopf “Essensity Lightening Powder“: Gone are the days of ammonia based highlights, with zero odor and zeroammonia, this developer nurtures your hair as it brings life to your locks! Truly! My hair has it’s curls restored and my scalp is thanking me. After aggressive color treatments, you will FEEL the difference.
* Eye Dew: In the spirit of Spring/Summer Weddings. Arcona’s “Eye Dew” is an absolute “I DO!” Refresh the delicate skin around your eyes and brighten with this super hydrating formula. Rebalance your eye area from winter’s gusts with liquid crystals creating holographic light diffusors, plumpers, all while repairing the skin from fine lines, puffiness and circles. This antioxidant rich formula is a staple of mine and a celebrity client favorite!
* Jamie Wolf: “Symphony in C Earings #4 ($220) Pop art and metal trends seen on the runway translate from night to day for a really fresh take on the trend. I love these earings for a quick pop of drama and light around the face. A subtly fabulous statement of awesome. Jamie’s designs are inspired by her 10 years as a dancer with the NYC Ballet and are influenced by the timeless femininity found in the finest of details.
* Kevyn Aucoin: Nothing says Spring more than the look of soft contours! Draw focus to your cheek bones while defining your nose and jawline for a slimming effect all while giving your skin a fresh glow. Try: Kevyn Aucoin’s Celestial Bronzing Veil in “Tropical Days-Warm Bronze”.
* Phlip B.: “Lavendar Hair and Body Shampoo” reinvigorates your spirit with the soothing essential oil and botanical cleansers from top to bottom.
* Lavendar: Shadows & Pastel Makeup is all the rage this season. The heaven sent ethereal look straight from the runways is easy to accomplish with a sheer yet sophisticated pastel shadow, pinky cheek and cherub kissed lip! (www.stylebistro.com) Try: Chanel Eye shadow quad: Limited Edition “Lumieres Facettes #537 transports this season with the luminous lavender greys, golden ivory, rosy apricot and chocolatey brown. (www.chanel.com)
* Nude is in!: This season’s trend elongating your fingers after being stuffed in winter’s gloves revealing a fresh take on the sophisticated nude mani with glossy finishes for an elegant effect. Deborah Lippmann (www.deborahlippmann.com) Fashion Nail Polish-“Naked”- free of parabens and sulfates, her formula strengthens our nails as you wear the semi-sheer taupe shade. (nail photo www.glamour.com)
* Dr. Dennis Gross “Alpha Beta Glow Pads”: For face and body-add some sun safely and give your skin a refreshing boost. This is the perfect on the go-gym bag essential revealing smoother, firmer, revitalized and glowing skin with Vitamins A & D!